Dunn PAL, Inc. Employment
After-school 4th-5th Grade Enrichment Instructor – Job Description
Job Description: PAL After-school Program Enrichment Instructor will provide homework help, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) enrichment activities, computer lab and educational field trips. Instructors also will drive a van to pick up students for programs and take students home after programs. Enrichment Instructor will be assigned to a specific group of students grouped by grade level (4th – 5th grades) per hourly session. Enrichment Instructor will create and implement lesson plans on a weekly basis. Enrichment Instructor will work directly under the After-school Site Coordinator.
Program Goals: The program goals are to provide academic assistance, enrichment activities, recreation and art programs for students. Students are to be engaged in their learning and must be given the opportunity to participate in exciting hands-on projects.
• Clear oral communication skills; must be a team player with youth, staff, volunteers and parents
• Proven ability to assist children in an academic environment with math, reading and writing, SAT/ACT and FASFA knowledge and assist students with applying.
• Assist in any of the following: art, dance, computer, field trip programming, Choir, Band etc.
• Knowledge of computers and software applications
• Ability to work independently and with a team, under deadlines, Self-Motivated
• Ability to work with varied populations, such as teachers, parents and students
• Must have Reliable transportation to work
• Prior paid or volunteer experience as a Tutor/Instructor/mentoring environment preferred
• Ability to plan, design and implement lesson plans on a weekly basis
• Bilingual a plus (English/Spanish) but not mandatory
- Previous experience in after-school programs is preferred.
- Must be able to competently complete all required paperwork.
- Must be able to competently assist with all course subjects under the NC Standard Course of Study with Department of Public Instruction.
- MUST be at least 25 years old, No tickets or accidents on your license in the last 7 years.
- Facilitate activities with groups of ten-fifteen students at any given time
- Assist students with homework, academic enrichment, recreation and the arts
- Represent the mission of the Dunn PAL at every session
- Supervise all youth participants to ensure a safe and organized program
- Keep daily attendance records / Gather participant information / Complete Staff Monthly Attendance Forms / Daily Lesson Plan Forms
- Work with teachers as duties are assigned
- Attend weekly or bi-weekly staff meetings/trainings
- Assist with the planning of community events
- Perform Other duties as assigned by PAL Director and Site Coordinator
- Create own educational, engaging and hands on lesson plans
- Develop and implement enrichment clubs
- Assist with the Youth Leadership Council Program
Academic Enhancement: This type of program provides youth assistance with understanding and completing schoolwork and/or classes, educational trips designed to be an enrichment of or supplemental experience beyond the basic education curriculum.
Frequency of students: Students must be scheduled for services at least three times weekly to include no less than Two (2) hours of direct services per week, which may include group activity sessions. There shall be contact with the youth’s primary custodian at least once every two (2) weeks while the youth is receiving services from the program.
Length of Stay of youth: Tutor/Instructor/academic enhancement programs, the minimum length of stay is 30 weeks.
Target Population: Youth between the ages of 11 and 17 who are academically/socially challenged, engaging in delinquent or undisciplined behavior, At-Risk youth also a portion must be Title II youth as defined by the NC State Board of Education.
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 2:00pm-8:00pm also Wednesday’s 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm
(MUST BE ABLE TO COMMIT TO EXACT PROGRAM HOURS AND DAYS).
We will be closed some school holidays and follow the Harnett County School on closings/cancellations.
Some Saturdays Events and/or Staff Trainings will be required; Some Traveling will be required for special events Part-time Hourly rate : $10.00-$11.00/hour – 24 Hours a week for 30 weeks.
Start immediately – June 7th. This is a 21st CCLC Grant under NC Department of Public Instruction Start Date : Immediately PAL Site Locations: Wayne Avenue School 900 West Harnett St.. Dunn, NC 28334.
Apply in person at the Dunn PAL Office 610 Fairground Road Dunn, NC 28334 -or- Mail in to Dunn PAL PO BOX 1238 Dunn, NC 28335. Office number 910-892-1873.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 to $11.00 /hour
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of afterschool program experience do you have?
- How many years of teachng experience do you have?
- Have you completed the following level of education: High school or equivalent?
- Are you in Dunn, NC 28334?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Driver’s License?
- Do you speak English?
- Do you speak Spanish?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Are you able to commute to this job’s location?
MUST be at least 25 years old and a clean driving record and background.